Ankle Fracture or Broken Bone
At Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa, we understand the challenges that ankle fractures and broken bones can pose. Our expert team is dedicated to providing you with comprehensive insights into this condition, including its causes, symptoms, accurate diagnosis, and state-of-the-art treatment solutions.
Understanding Ankle Fractures and Brakes:
An ankle fracture or broken bone refers to a break in one or more of the bones that make up the ankle joint. These injuries can range from mild fractures to complex breaks that require specialized medical attention.
What Causes an Ankle Fracture or Brake?
Ankle fractures often occur due to traumatic incidents such as falls, sports-related injuries, motor vehicle accidents, and direct impact to the ankle area. Individuals with weakened bones, such as those with osteoporosis, may be more susceptible to fractures even from minor injuries.
Recognizing the symptoms of an ankle fracture or broken bone is vital for appropriate and timely treatment. Patients may experience:
- Severe pain: Intense pain at the site of the fracture.
- Swelling and bruising: Inflammation and discoloration around the injured area.
- Inability to bear weight: Difficulty or inability to put weight on the affected foot.
- Deformity: Visible misalignment or deformity of the ankle.
- Limited range of motion: Difficulty moving the ankle joint due to pain and instability.
Accurate diagnosis is essential for creating a tailored treatment plan. Our experienced specialists utilize a combination of techniques to diagnose ankle fractures and broken bones, including physical examinations, X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans. These tools allow us to assess the severity and location of the fracture and determine the most appropriate course of action.
Advanced Treatment Options:
At Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa, we offer advanced treatment solutions tailored to your specific condition:
- Immobilization: Mild fractures may be treated with a cast, brace, or splint to immobilize the ankle and promote healing.
- Closed Reduction: In some cases, a gentle manipulation of the fractured bones can be performed to realign them without surgery.
- Surgical Intervention: Complex fractures may require surgical fixation, which may involve the use of screws, plates, or rods to stabilize the bones and encourage proper healing.
- Rehabilitation: Our expert rehabilitation team will guide you through a personalized rehabilitation plan to restore strength, flexibility, and function to your ankle.
Your Road to Recovery:
At Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa, we are committed to helping you recover and regain your active lifestyle. Our comprehensive approach to treatment, combined with expert guidance and support, ensures that you receive the best care possible throughout your recovery journey.
An ankle fracture or broken bone shouldn’t keep you from enjoying life to the fullest. Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is here to provide you with top-notch care, from accurate diagnosis to advanced treatment options.
Reach out to us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward a successful recovery.