At Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa, we understand the impact of Hip Arthritis on your hip’s function and your overall well-being. This comprehensive guide provides essential information about this condition, including its causes, symptoms, precise diagnosis, and effective treatment.
Understanding Hip Arthritis:
Hip Arthritis, or hip osteoarthritis, is a degenerative joint disease that affects the hip joint, leading to pain, inflammation, and reduced mobility. This condition can significantly impact your quality of life.
Causes of Hip Arthritis:
Hip Arthritis can be caused by various factors, including:
- Wear and Tear: Ongoing stress and strain on the hip joint over time.
- Age: The risk of arthritis increases with age.
- Genetics: Family history of arthritis can be a contributing factor.
- Injury: Previous hip injuries or fractures can contribute to arthritis.
- Lifestyle Factors: Obesity and excessive joint loading can increase the risk.
Recognizing the symptoms of Hip Arthritis is crucial for timely intervention. Patients may experience:
- Hip Pain: Discomfort in the hip joint, which may worsen with movement.
- Stiffness: Limited hip mobility, especially in the morning or after prolonged sitting.
- Swelling: Inflammation and swelling around the hip joint.
- Reduced Range of Motion: Difficulty in moving the hip joint.
- Grating Sensation: A grating or clicking feeling during hip movement.
Accurate diagnosis is essential for creating an effective treatment plan. Our experienced specialists employ a combination of methods, including physical examinations, medical history review, and imaging (X-rays, MRI, or CT scans). This helps us determine the extent of the arthritis and the best approach for management.
Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa offers various treatment options for Hip Arthritis:
- Non-Surgical Approaches: Conservative methods include pain relief medications, physical therapy, and lifestyle modifications.
- Injections: Corticosteroid or hyaluronic acid injections can provide relief from pain and inflammation.
- Surgical Intervention: In severe cases, surgical procedures like hip resurfacing or joint replacement may be recommended.
Your Path to Relief:
Hip Arthritis can be challenging, but Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is dedicated to helping you find relief. Our personalized treatment plans, guided by our expertise, ensure you receive the best care throughout your journey to hip health.
Hip Arthritis requires specialized care, and Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is here to provide comprehensive insights, accurate diagnostics, and customized treatment plans. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward pain relief and improved hip function.