Dr. RODNEY L. PLASTER, M.D.
Fellowship Trained in Hip, Knee, and Joint Reconstruction Surgery
Rodney L. Plaster, M.D. pursued a career in orthopedics because he enjoys combining fundamental bioengineer-ing with the excitement of mechanical procedures to provide state-of-the-art joint technology. He believes Orthopedics allows him to utilize his passion and skill set towards restoring patient’s function and returning them to their quality lifestyle. Dr. Plaster’s area of specialty is hip and knee joint reconstruction. With over thirty years of experience, he is trained in the latest procedures and techniques to help patients overcome their injury and achieve optimal results. He and his physician assistants take a team approach to providing patients an individualized treatment plan, focusing on the patient’s needs. His medical philosophy combines academic and clinical research with product development to sustain leading edge, total joint knowledge to provide the highest level of care for patients. Dr Plaster serves as a Clinical lnstructor at the OU College of Medicine. ln his free time he enjoys road cycling, boating and traveling.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry Baylor University
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Oklahoma
- lnternship: Internal Medicine, The University of Kansas, Wesley Medical Center
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery St. Francis Regional Medical Center (Currently Va Christi Hospital)
- Residency: Pediatric Orthopaedics, Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction Total Hip Total Knees,
The University of Utah
- Board-Certified: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.