At Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa, we understand the impact of Hip Bursitis on your hip’s comfort and mobility. This comprehensive guide provides essential information about this condition, including its causes, symptoms, precise diagnosis, and effective treatment.
Understanding Hip Bursitis:
Hip Bursitis is the inflammation of the bursae, small fluid-filled sacs that act as cushions around the hip joint. When these sacs become inflamed, they can cause pain, discomfort, and reduced hip function.
Causes of Hip Bursitis:
Hip Bursitis can be caused by various factors, including:
- Overuse: Repetitive movements or excessive friction around the hip joint.
- Trauma: Direct injury to the hip area.
- Infection: Bacterial infection of the bursae.
- Age: Bursae may become more susceptible to inflammation with age.
- Preexisting Conditions: Conditions like arthritis can contribute to bursitis.
Recognizing the symptoms of Hip Bursitis is crucial for timely intervention. Patients may experience:
- Hip Pain: Discomfort on the outer side of the hip.
- Swelling: Inflammation and swelling around the affected area.
- Tenderness: Sensitivity when pressure is applied to the hip.
- Limited Range of Motion: Difficulty in moving the hip.
- Pain When Lying on the Affected Side: Discomfort worsens when lying on the affected hip.
Accurate diagnosis is essential for creating an effective treatment plan. Our experienced specialists employ a combination of methods, including physical examinations, medical history review, and imaging (X-rays, MRI, or ultrasound). This helps us determine the extent of the bursitis and the best approach for management.
Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa offers various treatment options for Hip Bursitis:
- Non-Surgical Approaches: Conservative methods include rest, ice, anti-inflammatory medications, and physical therapy.
- Injections: Corticosteroid injections can provide relief from pain and inflammation.
- Surgical Intervention: In rare cases, surgical procedures may be considered to remove the inflamed bursa.
Your Path to Relief:
Hip Bursitis can be challenging, but Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is dedicated to helping you find relief. Our personalized treatment plans, guided by our expertise, ensure you receive the best care throughout your journey to hip health.
Hip Bursitis requires specialized care, and Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is here to provide comprehensive insights, accurate diagnostics, and customized treatment plans. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward pain relief and improved hip function.