Ankle & Foot Arthritis
Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is your source for comprehensive information on Foot and Ankle Arthritis. Our expert team provides insights into the different types of this condition, its underlying causes, symptoms, accurate diagnostic methods, and advanced treatment solutions.
Understanding Foot and Ankle Arthritis
Foot and Ankle Arthritis encompasses several types of degenerative joint diseases affecting the feet and ankles. These types include:
Osteoarthritis: This is the most common type of arthritis. It occurs due to the gradual breakdown of cartilage in the joints, leading to pain, swelling, and reduced joint function.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: An autoimmune disorder that causes the immune system to attack the joints, leading to inflammation, pain, and joint deformities.
Post-Traumatic Arthritis: Arises after a significant injury, such as a fracture or dislocation, damages the joint’s structure, accelerating cartilage deterioration.
Different types of Foot and Ankle Arthritis share some common symptoms:
- Pain: Persistent discomfort, often worsening with activity.
- Stiffness: Reduced joint mobility, particularly after periods of rest.
- Swelling: Inflammation and swelling around the affected joints.
- Limited Range of Motion: Difficulty moving the joint fully.
- Deformities: Joint deformities may develop as arthritis progresses.
How is Foot and/or Ankle Arthritis Diagnosed?
Accurate diagnosis requires considering the type of arthritis. Our specialists utilize thorough assessments, including physical exams, imaging (X-rays, MRI scans), blood tests, and joint fluid analysis, to determine the specific type and severity.
Advanced Treatment Options:
Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa offers tailored treatments for various types of Foot and Ankle Arthritis:
- Osteoarthritis: Pain management, physical therapy, and joint injections.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Medications, physical therapy, and disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs).
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis: Pain relief, bracing, and surgical interventions if necessary.
Your Path to Recovery:
Foot and Ankle Arthritis doesn’t have to limit your lifestyle. Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa offers personalized care to help you manage and find relief from arthritis symptoms. Our expertise and patient-centered approach ensure you receive the best possible treatment.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward enhanced foot and ankle health.