At Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa, we understand the impact of Elbow Arthritis on your daily life. This comprehensive guide provides valuable information about this condition, including its causes, symptoms, precise diagnosis, and cutting-edge treatment solutions.
Understanding Elbow Arthritis:
Elbow Arthritis is a degenerative joint disease that affects the elbow joint, causing the cartilage within the joint to wear away over time. This can lead to pain, stiffness, and reduced range of motion.
Causes of Elbow Arthritis:
Elbow Arthritis can result from various factors, including:
- Age: Natural wear and tear on the joint with aging.
- Previous Injuries: Prior elbow injuries or fractures that affect joint function.
- Repetitive Stress: Overuse of the elbow joint in activities or sports.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: An autoimmune condition that can lead to joint inflammation.
Recognizing the symptoms of Elbow Arthritis is crucial for early intervention. Patients may experience:
- Pain: Persistent discomfort in the elbow, often aggravated by movement.
- Stiffness: Reduced joint mobility, especially after periods of rest.
- Swelling: Inflammation and swelling around the elbow joint.
- Weakness: Reduced strength and grip in the affected arm.
- Clicking or Catching Sensation: Audible clicking or a feeling of the joint “catching” during movement.
Accurate diagnosis is essential for designing an effective treatment plan. Our experienced specialists utilize a combination of methods, including physical examinations, X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans. These help determine the extent of the condition and guide treatment decisions.
Advanced Treatment Options:
At Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa, we offer advanced treatment strategies for Elbow Arthritis:
- Non-Surgical Approaches: Mild cases may respond well to rest, activity modification, anti-inflammatory medications, and physical therapy.
- Joint Injections: Corticosteroid injections can provide temporary relief by reducing inflammation and pain in the affected elbow.
- Surgical Solutions: For severe cases, surgical options like elbow arthroscopy, joint fusion, or elbow replacement may be recommended.
Your Path to Relief:
Don’t let Elbow Arthritis hinder your daily life. Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is dedicated to helping you regain optimal function and comfort. Our personalized treatment plans, coupled with our expertise, ensure you receive the highest quality care throughout your recovery.
Elbow Arthritis can be a challenging condition, but Premier Orthopedic Specialists of Tulsa is your partner in addressing it. We offer advanced diagnostics, tailored treatments, and a compassionate approach to help you achieve improved elbow health. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward a more comfortable, active life.